Terms and Conditions
By participating, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Entrants will retain the copyright of their submitted entries. However, by entering, all entrants grant Perdana Leadership Foundation and Maybank Foundation a worldwide royalty-free perpetual license to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity, promotional, and news purposes. Perdana Leadership Foundation is under no obligation to publish any entries. Please note, any publication of an entry does not mean that entrant has won a prize.
2. By entering this competition, each individual entrant (for individuals under 18 years old, the individual’s parent or guardian) grants the Perdana Leadership Foundation and Maybank Foundation a world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to use the entrants’ names, likenesses, photographs, and/or biographical information for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes.
3. By entering the Contest, entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prizes they may win. The organisers will require winners to provide proof of eligibility.
This contest is open to all Malaysians who are between 13 and 23 years old throughout the contest year.
Category A: 2003 until 2007 (13-17 years old)
Category B: 1997 until 2002 (18-23 years old)
4. One contestant is eligible to win only one main prize (1st to 3rd) across all categories. Should a contestant be in the top ten for more than one category, that contestant will be awarded a prize according to his or her highest-achieved standing.
5. One contestant can win more than one consolation prize across the three contest categories but only one consolation prize from within the same category. (For example, Jayden can win a consolation prize for Fiction and Photo categories, but he will not be eligible to win multiple consolation prizes for the same category).
6. If a contestant submits multiple entries for one category, he or she will be awarded the prize according to his or her highest-achieved standing within that category. The above conditions also apply.
7. We reserve the right to disqualify entries that are improperly submitted, are significantly less or more than the official word count, or have offensive language or content. Plagiarised entries will also be immediately disqualified.
8. Entries must be the original work of the entrant. Entries must not contain anything defamatory, obscene, illegal or otherwise inappropriate as may be deemed by the Organisers.
9. The contest period is 17th April to 30th November 2020. Submission deadline: 11:59pm, 30 November 2020. Entries received after this deadline will be automatically deemed ineligible.
10. By submitting an entry, the participant undertakes that:
• She or He has read and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the contest;
• All information provided is true and accurate;
• He or She will bear any consequences (including automatically be disqualified from participating in this Contest) in the event of his/her breach of any of the terms and conditions set out.
11. All entries for the Fiction and Non-Fiction categories must be submitted online through our contest website. No hardcopy submissions nor e-mail attachments will be accepted.
12. Entries submitted during the contest period will not be returned.
13. The Organisers will not be responsible or liable for:
• Any delay and/or failure in participating in this contest due to any reason beyond the control of the Organisers; or
• Any injury, loss, problem, damages or costs of any kind suffered resulting from participation in this contest or from accepting or utilising the prizes awarded.
14. Our judges’ decision is final.
15. This information is correct at the time of printing or broadcast. We reserve the right to amend, terminate, or add on to the contest terms and conditions, duration, judges, and prizes at any time by placing a notice at this contest website.
16. Employees and Trustees of Perdana Leadership Foundation and Maybank Foundation, Contest Judges as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, and children), are NOT eligible to win any prizes.